35 Stylish White Oak Floor Kitchen Ideas – There is no kitchen design more timeless and elegant than the white kitchen. Its clean look is soothing to hang out in and provides a simple base to add texture and maybe a little color to your countertops (quartz anyone?), hardware, lighting and flooring. Here we bring you 52 white kitchen ideas from designers around the country, featuring your dream cabinets and islands that are both stylish and practical.
Whether you are looking for a design for a small or a large kitchen, with a modern or classic style, you are sure to be inspired by these images, full of unique accents of kitchen decor ideas. For a change from the usual backsplash, you can add wallpaper and maybe some wall decor. Consider making a hood or vent hood the centerpiece of the room that complements your other appliances, and perhaps wood paneling to match your cabinets so they blend in. Wood accents can make a nice pairing with all that white, or maybe a splash of color somewhere in the tile or other accent. While you’re looking for inspiration, draw from these kitchen design trends for 2023 as well.
35 Stylish White Oak Floor Kitchen Ideas
And now for those 52 white kitchen ideas. Get ready to dream and plan for the kitchen of your dreams!
What Kitchen Color Schemes Work With Oak Cabinets?
Brass accents the white cabinetry in the pulls, as well as the range hood, stove, and sinks in Liz Lange’s restored Gray Gardens property in East Hampton. Kitchen supports, pendant Visual Comfort & Co. Island, Charles Edwards
Pearl Moroccan wall tiles coordinate with white cabinetry and contrast with a slate backsplash and rustic wood counters in Veronica Swanson Beard’s Nantucket home. Hanging lamp, Hector Finch
In this property in Baker’s Bay, Bahamas, de Gournay’s Amazonia wallpaper wraps this kitchen in a vivid turquoise rainforest, as designed by decorator Amanda Lindroth.
Modern White Kitchens To Copy
“Lots of light and views” were the cornerstones of the kitchen’s design, says architect Gil Schafer. The island top is made of pippy oak, and the range is by Wolf. The historic home, designed by Miles Redd, is located on Block Island in Rhode Island.
In this kitchen in a Franco-American villa designed by Brooke and Steve Giannetti of Giannetti Home, a sprawling island of white oak and calacatta marble joins custom chairs with linen slipcovers. Reproduction lanterns, South of Market. Sink bodies, Water
In this kitchen in a Birmingham home by one half of design duo Hundley Hilton, a tufted channel breakfast bar rests against a cleverly curved kitchen island. Leather and mohair stool, Kravet. Range, Wolf
Ways To Avoid A Total Remodel In A Kitchen With Oak Cabinets
In the kitchen of this neo-Georgian residence in Connecticut, designed by Ashley Whittaker, a duo of disarming patterns (checkerboard flooring and a geo-floral chair fabric by Raoul) enliven warm shades of white in the countertops, cabinetry, and subway tile. Stools, Palecek. Range, Viking. Suspended lighting, Charles Edwards
In the kitchen of this harborfront Maine cottage designed by Gil Schafer, the cabinets and custom metal hood are painted pale oak by Benjamin Moore. Hardware, E.R. Butler
In the kitchen of this Summer Thornton-designed Naples home, a glass pane shields hand-painted tropical wallpaper behind a Lacanche range and custom blue-hued range hood. Leather seat upholstery, Moore & Giles
White Kitchen Ideas
In the kitchen of this Melanie Turner-designed Atlanta, Georgia home, a chic series of tile arches put a twist on the traditional barrel-vaulted ceiling and echo the curves of the arched window and barrel-back bar stools. Encaustic cement tiles, Casa Mozaic.
At architect Ken Pursley’s midcentury home in Charlotte, North Carolina, the cream and pale gray kitchen is separated from the den by marble-clad cabinetry. A thin plated steel prep top extends from the sink.
In the kitchen of this Bronxville, New York home designed by Carrier and Company, a chic checkerboard backsplash made of glazed terracotta tiles (Ann Sacks) enlivens the neutral space. Perimeter tops, Caesarstone. Sink bodies, Water.
Hardwood Kitchen Floor Ideas
In this Dallas kitchen designed by Meredith McBrearty, blown-glass pendants by MoMA alum Alison Berger turn the lighting above the island into modern art. A parade of interesting textures warms the mid-century space: quilted leather chairs (Studio Piet Boon), glazed Moroccan tile (Clé Tile), and leather quartz countertops. Range, Wolf.
In the white kitchen of this Nashville home designed by Richard Hallberg, reproduction Louis XIII chairs (Dennis & Leen) are upholstered in a textured, raffia-style fabric (Opuzen). Cabinet paint color, Egret by Sherwin-Williams.
Beneath an arched opening at this Austin, Texas home designed by Angie Hranowsky, a gray-and-white kitchen is accented by black pendant lights hanging over a black island. Chairs, McGuire. Island Pendants, Circa Lighting.
Sultry Contemporary Kitchen Remodel In Irvine
Off-white cabinets (White Tie, Farrow & Ball) and oil-rubbed bronze hardware (Rejuvenation) give the kitchen in this Mark D. Sikes-designed home a warm, aged look. Sink and accessories, Rohl.
In the kitchen of this California winery home designed by Ken Fulk, alternate-size ceiling-height wall tiles (Waterworks), reclaimed brick flooring, and oak countertops anchor the airy space in beautiful rusticity.
In the kitchen of designer Matthew Carter’s Bahamian hideaway, mahogany countertops, Abaco pine beams, and vintage wicker shades stretch the room into organic island simplicity. Sink units, Rohl.
White Kitchen Ideas That Will Never Go Out Of Style
In this Connecticut kitchen designed by David Netto, Scandinavian bent birch plywood chairs (Alvar Aalto) are modern foils for a collection of copper cookware and 19th-century Portuguese earthenware (Placi solares). Dual fuel range, Wolf.
In the kitchen of this Long Island beach house designed by Alex Papachristidis, gold accents—like Soane Britain’s polished brass yacht table and a Tommaso Barbi brass leaf chandelier—enliven this neutral space with luxurious sparkle.
Steele Marcoux is editor-in-chief at , covering design trends, architecture and travel for the brand.
Warm Oak Cabinets Are Back—and More Modern Than Ever
35 beautiful kitchen backsplash ideas 48 gorgeous and practical kitchen islands 45 energizing paint colors for your kitchen 5 appliances that increase the value of your kitchen
28 Small Kitchen Ideas Packed With Major Style 35 Brilliant Kitchen Cabinet Designs That Astonish 28 Modern Kitchens With Lots Of Personality 35 Striking Kitchen Decor Ideas From Designers
15 Blue Kitchens Full of Personality Gorgeous and Practical Wallpaper Backsplash Ideas 15 Chic and Comfy Kitchen Bar Stools 15 Beautiful Kitchen Rugs to Add Softness Farmhouse style is a hot trend right now, so we thought we’d put put together a collection of inspirational images to help you get your farmhouse kitchen project started. Whether you’re starting fresh with a new build or renovating your existing kitchen, we’ve got some amazing ideas to get you started. I’ve also included resources and links to the designers for each of the images, so don’t forget to save these images to your Pinterest boards for inspiration! While you’re at it, follow One Kindesign on Pinterest to keep up with the latest design trends!
All About Choosing White Oak Flooring + Oak Floor Inspiration
Let us know which of these farmhouse kitchen ideas is your favorite and why in the comments below!
1. This stunning kitchen has Caesarstone countertops. The white of the countertops contrasts nicely with the black colored cabinets. (via Clark and Co. Homes)
2. The wall color of this farmhouse kitchen is Essential Gray and Polished Concrete—Sherwin Williams. (via J.Holderby – Renovations)
The Impracticality Of Hardwood Flooring
3. Set in a shingled New England home, this lakefront home features a light and airy open-concept kitchen. Highlights include beautiful glass pendant lights, white cabinetry, black countertops, and wide-plank hardwood floors. (via Royal Oaks Design)
4.The cabinets are handcrafted from Quebec yellow lumber and hand painted in Zoffany (brand) “Smoke” and “Elephant Grey”. The island top is American black walnut (sealed with 5 coats of OSMO oil), while the perimeter tops are Silestone ‘Lagoon’. The floor is called Umbrian Limestone, sourced from Floors of Stone. The beautiful Rise & Fall pendant lights are from Broughtons. (via Hill Farm Furniture)
5. The cabinet color of this kitchen uses Simply White OC-117 | Benjamin Moore and Chelsea Gray HC-168 | Benjamin Moore. Countertops are Cambria Brittanica, quartz. The custom designed hood features reclaimed bar wood. The wall color is Repose Gray from Sherwin Williams, while the floor is a Mannington laminate called Keystone Oak. (via CVI Design)
Best Modern Farmhouse Flooring Ideas
6. The backsplash is a matte white subway tile. Above the island is a custom light fixture from San Diego-based Gibson & Gibson Antique Lighting. The floor is real white oak, it has been stained a dark walnut color and sealed. (viaBill Bocken Architecture and Interior Design)
7. The pendant lights for the island were sourced from Build. The cabinet hardware was obtained from Hardware Resources. The quartz countertop manufacturer is LG. The island was painted in Benjamin Moore HC-168 Chelsea Gray. Island dimensions are 7′-9″ by 4′-0″. For backsplash tiles, the main 3″x6″ subway tile is: MSI – Highland Park – Whisper White with Laticrete #78 Sterling Silver grout. The accent tile behind the stove is by Jeffrey Court – Floral Print: Statuario. Size is 4″x6″. Flooring is 5″ wide hand cut birch wood, prefinished – General Flooring. (via custom homegroup)
8. An antique cottage on the Connecticut coast has this impressive farmhouse-style kitchen with poured concrete countertops. Highlights include a Viking range and hood, elongated subway tile with black grout, polished chrome hardware, black painted cabinetry, open teak shelving and an apron-front sink. The ceiling light is Restoration Hardware, while the light over the sink is from Rejuvenation. (via Garden Designs)
White Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
9. The “French Farmhouse” sink is from the “Kitchen Sink”.
White kitchen floor ideas, white oak floor register, white oak hardwood floor, oak floor kitchen ideas, white oak floor registers, white oak flush mount floor register, white kitchen floor tile ideas, white oak kitchen floor, white oak floor vents, stylish kitchen floor mats, white oak floor, wide plank white oak floor